Monday, January 19, 2009

Hong Kong II "Our Trp"





















Our venture into Hong Kong’s (HK) heart took place from 16 to 18 January, year of our lord 2009.

I flew from Manila, with my good old mates Nacho and Pablo, together the three musketeers of The Philippines, and joined our friend Carlos (Our very own correspondent from news agency EFE Manila) at HK’s airport.

On Friday’s eve we tried the traditional Chinese Hot Pot, which is basically a Fondue, they set a large pot in the middle of the table and then you can cook your own food and vegetables (funny story the waiter got messed up and we stole a fish head that belonged to another customer).

After supper we visited world famous party district Lan Kwai Fang, a very fun place indeed, loaded with all sorts of bars, pubs and discos and located in the old part of the city, beside the city walls and the giant escalator. This was a fun night out and a expensive one too, I kept talking to the waitresses in Tagalo since I kind of forgot I was in China.

On Saturday morning we finally teamed up with Conrad (an HK native since January who seemed to be eluding us by getting drunk and not answering my phone calls, but who finally found his way out of bed) , and set up for a city tour, we visited some of the main spots, the peak and the bay and had lupper (lunch+supper) at a floating Chinese restaurant; I was very impressed by the architecture, the overall neatness of the place and the strikingly beautiful local women .

That evening we went to visit Kawlooon , HK’s peninsula, and saw a light show that by the sea. Later on we went for some house drinking at our hostel in Causeway-bay (a very lively commercial district), they got decent Russian vodka here and affordable prices although the soft-drinks have that very odd and really sweet taste loved by the Asians. Finally we went out to Lan Kwai Fan again.

On Sunday morning we visited some of Conrad’s workmates at “Discovery Bay” which is a very neat area where rich people hang out and that looks like an American beach resort.

Right before taking of we went shopping and I decided to race my credit card into default at the shopping malls in Cuaseway-bay, I bought a really cute mini-computer.

Finally, at the airport, an I-pod also jumped into my shop bag, it was 40 euros cheaper than in Spain (in HK there is no sales tax). I also fell in love with the teller she was very cute and I basically asked her “quieres venirte a España conmigo” surprisingly enough she said “me encantaría” ,in fairly good Spanish with a funny Chinese accent, and then she told me that she studied Spanish in college. Because women in Hong Kong go to college!

In a nutshell I love HK and I am going back
Posted by Picasa

No comments: