Sunday, January 18, 2009

I WANT TO LIVE IN HONG KONG


















I think that I can claim to be a well travelled person, I have visited the some of the main cities in the world Paris, New York, London, and Tokyo amongst others and thoght there were cool…..but
I WANT TO LIVE IN HONG KONG

How could the British ever let this place go, I would have waged a war for it and then the morons stick to a worthless piece of rock like Gibraltar; what a shame!!!!!!.

Ok, let me be somewhat more objective:

Hong Kong has more or less the looks of Tokyo (clean, big, high tech) plus some hills and mountains, but:

· The locals speak English, thus being a 100 times more helpful than the Japanese or Singaporeans
· There are few cars (mostly taxis and other commercial vehicles), because they have the best public transport I have ever seen, it is like Madrid’s but cheaper. Metro is 50 euro cent y Ferry 30 euro cent, all of it high-tech.
· The place is crowded with “expats” from everywhere in the world, lots of blond women for my ego, plus the most beautiful Chinese/Hong Kongese women (taller, cleaner, educated and more sophisticated than the other Asian women) I actually fell in love with a teller at the airport and guess what; she was learning Spanish)
· The city is surrounded by forests and hills, hiking being the national sport
· The party district is outstanding, pretty much like Madrid’s “la Latina district”
· And right now it is the best place to buy electronic goods (I mean the real ones, not Chinese imitations, which you can get in Kawloon if you want, Hong Kong’s peninsula) in Asia, Japanese quality but around 15% cheaper

Ok now some drawbacks

· Hong Kong bay is not for swimming (neither is the coast of any other metropolis in the world)
· It is expensive (similar to Rome more or less)

In a nutshell Hong Kong has the good things made in China without the nasty mainland Chinese habits, some people will say this is not authentic but I believe it is an improved version; they only have 50 years before the Chinese are allowed to invade so feel free to visit. I will comment on our trip later I leave you with the skyline

1 comment:

Chemosh said...

Así que de ahí viene tu nuevo superordenata! Ya nos pondrás una webcam para el próximo domingo y así verte un poco xD.

PD: No se si postearte en maño o conquense con este cambio de idioma del blog :)